Friday, December 12, 2008

Moments

Life is filled with many moments worth sharing, I just don't always have the time to share them with everyone online. So today I've decided to start over and try and keep up with blogging. I've even added an entry to my calendar for every Thursday. Hopefully this will help. :)
Here are some of our moments over the past few months.
1. Visting my brother & his family for Thanksgiving: Brian and I loved our time with Shawn, Chrissy and Wesley. We enjoyed a traditional Thanksgiving meal with them and some friends of theirs and then spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and playing with Wesley. On that Saturday we ventured into Topeka and visited the Capitol Building. Brian was the fearless one of the group and climbed all 297 stairs to the top of the dome. I was perfectly happy standing on "solid" ground at level 8 and taking pictures of Brian as he climbed higher and higher.


Here we are with Wesley just before we left. It was sort of sad to leave since we only get to see him about once a year. He loved having Uncle Brian to play Transformers with him!


2. Flowers: Throughout the year Brian has blessed me with gifts of flowers. He knows I love smelling them and watching them bloom, and he loves watching me enjoy them.



3. Watching Isaac: We don't get the opportunity to watch Isaac very often, but we had a fun Saturday in October taking care of him. When it was nap time, he wanted nothing to do with his playpen, so we decided we'd all lay down. He liked this and snuggled up to Brian. They both promptly fell asleep, and it was such a sweet moment.



4. Lauren's First Baby Shower: In September, I had the joy of being able to be at Lauren's baby shower for Morgan. It was fun getting to see Lauren (it was the first time since our wedding in April) and also getting to be a part of her special day.


5. Time with our nieces: In July we were able to spend time with Brian's family, including going to the zoo. Alyssa and Anna loved it - including getting their pictures taken. We were able to see them again in October when we made our yearly visit to Missouri to see Brian's grandma. For the girls, the best part is the hotel pool where they get to show off their new swimming moves.

6. Watching my husband serve: Being able to serve with Brian in the 2's & 3's room on Sunday mornings has been a delight. He's so good with the kids and they love "Mr. Brian." Here he is with some of the Wednesday night Honeybees. The other ladies who volunteer call him the "Big Honeybee!" What a perfect ministry for him - his favorite color is yellow!
7. Spending Time with Friends: When I was single, so many people at the church loved me and asked me to be a part of their lives. It was just what I needed in that stage of life and was a blessing. Now that I'm married, it's been a completely different type of blessing to watch my friends embrace Brian. We've enjoyed game nights, Christmas parties, and dinners with friends. One special evening this fall was spent with Art and Joyce Cavey. It was a joy to share a meal with them and then pray together.

No comments: