A friend owns a Hoover carpet cleaner and graciously allowed me to borrow it. So last night we took all of the furniture (minus the couches) out of the living & dining areas, and I awoke this morning ready to make the carpet look like new (or sort of new). First it was the regular vacuum which hummed along sucking up bits of dirt, dust, salt chunks and even a few pine needles leftover from Christmas. That in and of itself felt like a great accomplishment at 7:15am, but I was on a roll so I started up the cleaner.
Needless to say, in my zealousness to clean the carpets, I failed to realize that the water wasn't getting sucked up. That slight problem came to my attention when I stepped on the extremely wet carpet I'd just cleaned. Thankfully my friend was already up so she headed over to help me fix the problem. With her help I was on my way and the dirt was soon to be eliminated.
After 3 buckets of dirty water, the living/dining area carpet was clean and the feeling of accomplishment was exhilerating! I can't wait to get home tonight and walk on the fresh carpets!
---
Updates:
1. Brian talked to the city about the $2000 bill they sent us for the light pole he supposedly knocked down. Thankfully the guy who he talked to agreed it was a mistake and said we wouldn't have to pay. We're waiting for that in writing.
2. My friend hasn't heard any other weird noises in the night so we're hoping it was ice. That's what people keep telling us it was. Neither of us are too convinced, but since there are no other answers we'll go with it.
3. This past weekend was the annual Women's Getaway for the women of Spring Creek Church. It was at the beautiful Ostoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin. My highlight of the weekend was spending time with 10 other women from my Life Group at church. It was so fun getting to know them better as women not just moms (which is so often how I know people at church). Another highlight was learning how to decorate a cake.

No comments:
Post a Comment