Tuesday, March 18, 2008

26 days and counting...

The past few weeks have flown by and have been filled with sickness and showers - an odd combination I know, but thankfully the showers of blessing continue and the sickness has seemed to pass.

On March 1, friends and family joined me at church for the biggest wedding shower I've ever seen. It was pretty overwhelming (in a good way), and I felt so blessed to be showered by all of their love. Jan Atchley gave a really neat devotional on "tea" and how that relates to marriage. She even printed me a copy of the talk so that I could share it with Brian and look back and remember.

As you can see from the pictures, it was a pretty big crowd. Amy did a wonderful job organizing the whole thing and many people helped her with food, set-up and clean-up. It was incredible.

(The pictures are as follows: My mom & me, All the people, All my little helpers, Amy & Terra serving food, Martha & me)



My mom was able to come for the shower and she and I spent the day before hanging out, getting her hair cut, and shopping in Cedarburg. She headed home in the afternoon after the shower, and then Brian and I hung out with his family. We visited Stonefire Pizza which was interesting on a Saturday night. Not something I recommend or will do again. I hear from all my friends that it's best to visit on a weekday.

Later that week I came down with what the doctor figures was a strain of influenza and was out of work for 3 days. It took almost 2 weeks to feel better. The week after that Brian came down with the stomach flu and was out of work for 2 days. Thankfully we didn't end up sharing our germs and only had one sickness each.
On Thursday, March 13 some friends from church gave me a personal shower. It was very fun and enlightening... :) Here are a couple of pictures.


Since then I've been staying busy taking care of all the little details that need to be done in the last month before the wedding. It was a bit overwhelming at the beginning of the month, especially with being sick and not feeling well enough to do anything. Now that we're both back on our feet things are rolling along nicely.

It's been wonderful to see God's hand of provision as different friends have offered to help. Some of it saves us time, other things have saved us money! :)
Oh, and I almost forgot. This past Saturday, we attended had a murder mystery dinner at the Good's. If you wonder why we look like we do, it was set in the 1920's. A group picture was taken, but I don't have it yet.

No comments: