Thursday, May 1, 2008

Our First Weekend Apart

So Brian and I are experiencing our first gap of time away from each other after just 3 weeks of marriage, and it seems rather weird for both of us.

This weekend we were supposed to go together to Michigan to help my mom & sister with a weekend garage sale. However, due to work Brian isn't able to go. At first it was a big bummer, not only because we couldn't spend the time together (we love road trips together) but also because it's my birthday - kind of odd timing to be a part.

But God graciously provided a friend & her two sons who will be road tripping it with me so that I don't have to go alone. This makes Brian & my mom (now I have 2 people who worry about me... :) both very happy. And for Connie, she gets to see her mom and her mom gets to see her and her grandkids. So it works out for both of us.

Brian and I are postponing my birthday celebration until Sunday, which is ok because it makes the celebration last longer. I received my first card a few days ago, got a present at work today, will get a gift at home from my mom & sister and get to do dinner with them, and then we'll conclude it on Sunday. :)

No comments: