Friday, June 5, 2009

"Extended" Family

Last night Brian and I had the opportunity to hang out with the Roots; and although the entire night was fun, the best part was bedtime.  With their daddy gone on a business trip, the kids asked if Brian would read the bedtime Bible story.  It was so fun listening to him read with enthusiasm, making the story come alive for the kids.  It made me realize that sometimes until I'm reading Bible stories or teaching kids a bible lesson, I forget the true excitement of God's word.  It was a joy to see the kids faces light up at the story of Jesus bringing Jarius' daughter back to life!

And to top the night off, we were putting the kids to bed when Kaden got excited thinking that Brian and I were going to spend the night and sleep in the same room as him.  He said, "Yipee, the whole family's going to have a sleepover!"  It was such a heart warming feeling to be included in the "whole family" statement!  And although he was bummed when he found out we weren't actually having a mega sleepover, his comment made our night.  :)  

Being a part of an "extended" family is great!


1 comment:

Terra said...

We will proudly claim you as our extended family!! What a gift you gave us by being there for us to play with and visit when we needed it!! Thank you so much! It obviously meant a lot to everyone. :O)